Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's Love Got To Do With It?

Today has been a long day. I worked all day and then "attempted" to go work out. Actually, I ended up sitting in the parking lot of the gym talking to a friend as he was preparing for a live nativity scene. Anyway, this is beside the point. I went to another friend's house later and we talked for a long while about one of the things that I dread the most-a budget. This year I have learned many things about myself. One of those things is that money is not everything. It can always be made and I should not stress over making it. There is always plenty. (while we live in america) You just have to make it. I have also learned that if you want to save it you have to live below your means. It is so hard to do this when you "love" so many things. Love that shirt, love that dress, love that car, love, love, love!! Actually, "love" has nothing to do with it! Our wants are a far cry from our needs. This is a hard pill for me to swallow. I have been very fortunate to have a father who desires for me to get some of the things I want, but, I have way more than I could ever need OR want. I am slowly trying to learn this lesson everyday. I think about all of the children that I used to visit during the week on our church bus route and all of the many ways that we would minister to those in need while I was in college. Those were the times when I was the happiest. Love truly is about doing for others and not about doing for ourselves. Jesus said that out of faith, hope, and love that the greatest of these is love. How true. I am very blessed to have people placed in my life everyday to help me grow. I work with really great people who encourage me to always be the best that I can be. They give me new insight, new ideas, and tell me when I am wrong. For this, I am thankful. Love is not an object, it's not a feeling, it's a commitment. A commitment to encourage others, grow others, and desire to see others reach the pinnacle of their being. This love is what I strive for. The right kind of love has everything to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment